Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Women we love: Duchess of Windsor

"[...] But you must believe me when I tell you that I have found it impossible to carry the heavy burden of responsibility and to discharge my duties as King as I would wish to do without the help and support of the woman I love."

Excerpt from speech - Edward VIII - December 11, 1936


Duchess of Windsor wearing her Cartier bib necklace

Cartier Bib Necklace
Photo Source


Verdura Brooch
Photo Source

Cartier Brooch
Photo Source

Van Cleef & Arpels Unmatched Pearl clip earrings

Plume-shaped diamond brooch, designed in 1935 by the Prince of Wales for his future bride
Photo Source: 
Taylor, Elizabeth.  My Love Affair with Jewelry.  New York: Simon & Schuster, 2002

Read the 1966 Bazaar Interview with the Duchess of Windsor here.


Love,
Seimi

No comments:

Post a Comment